From $19 an hour
Number of hires for this role
- Logistics: 1 Year (required)
- Customer Service: 2 Years (reqired)
Full Job Decription
The primary role is to assist Worldwide Foam in meeting and exceeding customer expectations through ensuring that raw materials and products are shipped accurately and on time. Logistics Specialists communicate with customers, 3PLs and vendors to help facilitate transportation of shipments while maintaining excellent service and attention to detail.
Duties and responsibilities
- Data entry into NetSuite ERP system.
- Respond promptly to shipping inquiries both via email and telephone.
- Utilize 3PL providers and brokers to ensure the most economical transportation solutions.
- Communicate with carriers and secure ETAs for any that have not arrived prior to COB.
- Provide an end of day report, detailing orders that did not ship with explanations.
- Send notifications to customers for orders that did and did not ship.
- Invoice orders by 0900 morning after ship and provide details to accounting upon request
- Ensure that line-item ship dates accurately reflect potential movement date.
- Work alongside Customer Service to monitor and update ship dates as necessary and communicate any potential delays or issues with orders.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment with accountability.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude towards customers and vendors at all times.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar position. Transportation/Administrative preferred.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with little or no supervision.
- Computer literacy (operating systems, spreadsheets, email, data, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of standard office equipment and procedures, as well as competent grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude and resilience.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment and within the warehouse.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Logistics: 1 year (Required)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: Elkhart, IN